- 1 of 4 Photos | View More Photos
* 4 c. milk
* 5 whole cloves
* 1/2 TSP. vanilla extract
* 1 TSP. ground cinnamon
* 12 egg yolks
* 1 1/2 c. sugar
* 2 1/2 c. light rum
* 4 c. light cream
* 2 TSP. vanilla extract
* 1/2 TSP. ground nutmeg
1. Combine milk, cloves, 1/2 TSP. vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for five minutes. Slowly bring milk mixture to a boil.
2. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together until fluffy. Whisk hot milk slowly into the eggs. Pour mixture into a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for three minutes, or until thick. Do not allow mixture to boil. Strain to remove cloves, and let cool for about one hour.
3. Stir in rum, cream, 2 TSP. vanilla, and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
RED AND GREEN QUICHE BITES
* 1 single pie crust
* 1 large egg
* 1 TBSP. sour cream
* 2 TBSP. grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 TBSP. each red and green pepper " chopped fine
* 1 TBSP. green onion " green tops only
* Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a mini muffin tin with 12 cups.
2. Roll out dough to a 1/8-inch thickness and cut into an 8 X 6-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 2-inch squares. (You can do this with a store-bought shell, but let thaw if frozen).
3. Fit squares of dough into muffin tins. Set aside.
4. Combine egg, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, peppers, onion and salt. Blend well.
5. Spoon a teaspoon of mixture into each dough-lined muffin cup.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until egg puffs and dough is lightly browned at the edges. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from tins and serving.
* 1 bag Tostitos Scoops
* 1 can refried beans
* 1/2 lb. cooked taco seasoned meat
* 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 c. salsa
* 1/2 c. sour cream
* 1/2 c. sliced black olives
1. Set chips on a large platter and layer with beans, meat, cheese, salsa, sour cream and black olives.
CHEESY SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP
* 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
* 10 oz. chopped spinach " thawed and squeezed of excess water
* 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts " drained well
* 1/2 c. green onion, tops only " divided
* 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese " divided
* 1 c. mozzarella cheese " divided
* 1/4 c. mayonnaise
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Heat oven to 350F and set aside 1/4 c. green onion, 1/4 c. mozzarella cheese and 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese.
2. Blend together remaining ingredients and pour into an 8 X 8 greased baking dish.
3. Top with onions and cheese that have been set aside and bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and cheese is melted.
4. Serve hot with crackers.