- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
*12 carrots, skinned and sliced
*4 tbsp. butter
*5 tbsp. flour
*2 cups milk
*1/2 cup Velveeta cheese, diced
*1 small onion, diced
*1/4 tsp. salt
*1/8 tsp. pepper
*1 tsp. prepared mustard
*Crushed potato chips or bread crumbs
1. Cook carrots in boiling water until tender but not to soft; drain.
2. Make a white sauce by melting butter in a medium saucepan and adding flour, stirring constantly. Gradually add the milk, continuing to stir constantly while sauce thickens.
3. Add the cheese and stir until cheese is completely melted. Add the onion, salt, pepper, and mustard and stir carrots into the cheese mixture.
4. Pour into a buttered casserole dish and top with crushed potato chips or bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until carrots are thoroughly cooked and casserole is bubbly and golden brown on top.