- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
*3 3/4 quarts popped popcorn
*1 cup brown sugar
*1/2 cup margarine
*1/4 cup light corn syrup
*1/2 tsp. salt
*1/2 tsp. baking soda
*1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Pour popped popcorn into a large roasting pan.
2. Mix sugar, margarine, corn syrup, and salt in a saucepan and cook gently over medium heat, stirring constantly. When the mixture begins to boil, cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Remove syrup from heat and stir in soda and vanilla until the mixture becomes foamy. Pour syrup over popcorn, stirring to coat.
4. Bake for 1 hour at 200, stirring every 15 minutes. Then cool and crumble into small pieces.