- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
*1 cup cubed ham
*1/4 cup chopped onion
*3 Tbsp. melted butter
*1 dozen eggs, beaten
*1 4-oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
*Cheese sauce (recipe follows)
*1/4 cup melted butter or oleo
*2 cup soft bread crumbs
*1/8 tsp. paprika
*2 Tbsp. butter
*2 Tbsp. flour
*2 cup milk
* tsp. salt
*1/8 tsp. pepper
*1 cup shredded cheese
Melt butter in skillet; add flour and stir. Then add the milk stirring continually until thickened. Add seasonings and cheese last. Mix until cheese is melted.
1. Saut onion and ham in butter until onion is tender. Add eggs and cook over medium heat, stirring to form large soft curds.
2. When eggs are set, stir in mushrooms and cheese sauce. Spoon eggs into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish.
3. Combine the cup butter with the bread crumbs; mix and spread over the eggs. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and chill casserole overnight.
4. Uncover and bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes. Yield: serves 12-15. This recipe can easily be cut in half to accommodate a smaller number of people.