- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
*1 head broccoli,
cleaned and cut into
*4 tblsp. butter
*4 tblsp. flour
*1 tsp. salt
*2 cups milk
*1/4 lb. mild Cheddar
1. Cook broccoli in a small amount of water; drain.
2. While broccoli is cooking, make the cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and then add the flour and salt, whisking the entire time. Slowly add milk and continue whisking until the mixture thickens. Add the cheese and continue stirring until the cheese is melted.
3. In a buttered casserole dish, add half the broccoli and top with half of the cheese sauce. Repeat the layers.
4. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes,
*Optional: It's not necessary to oven-bake the casserole; instead simply serve up helpings of broccoli and spoon the cheese sauce over the top.