- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
*3/4 cup sugar
*1/3 cup butter,
*1 can evaporated
*3 tblsp. active dry
*4 cups flour (plus
more as needed)
*1 tblsp. salt
*3/4 cups sugar
*Raisins and nuts, if
1. Put 3/4-cup sugar, 1/3-cup butter, evaporated milk and yeast in a large stand mixer and let stand for 5 minutes. Then turn on mixer and mix those ingredients together. Add the eggs and, while mixing, slowly add the flour and salt. Continue adding flour until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl. Continue kneading for 10 minutes and then place in a large, oiled bowl, cover with a towel and let rise until doubled.
2. On a floured surface, roll out dough and spread with 3/4-cup butter, 2-3 cups sugar and lots of cinnamon. You can also spread on nuts or raisins, if desired.
3. Roll dough into a log and cut into 2-dozen rolls. Place cut side up on 2 greased jelly roll pans, cover with a towel and let rise again.
4. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 25 minutes or until done.