- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
*1/2 cup butter
*1 cup sugar
*1 tsp. vanilla
*2 1/4 cups flour,
*1/2 tsp. salt
*1/2 tsp. baking soda
*3/4 tsp. baking
1. Thoroughly cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg
and vanilla and beat again well.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix together thoroughly and chill at least 2-3 hours.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough 1/8-inch thick and cut into desired shapes. Bake at 325° for about 8-10 minutes. If your oven is too hot, even just a little, the cookies will brown to quickly along the edges.
4. Cool completely and then frost as desired.