- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
*1 lb. fresh green beans, cut into pieces and cooked, or 2-10 oz. pkg frozen, or 2 cans of beans
*6 slices bacon
*2 medium onions
*4 tsp. cornstarch
*1 tsp. salt
*1/2 tsp. dry
*2 T. brown sugar
*2 T. vinegar
1. Cook beans (if fresh or frozen), drain and reserve 1 cup water (1/2 cup liquid from canned). Set aside.
2. Fry bacon until crisp and drain on paper towel. Sauté onions in bacon fat until golden.
3. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, salt, mustard, brown sugar and vinegar. Add reserved liquid from beans and beat until smooth. Then add this mixture to bacon fat in pan and boil until thickened.
4. Add beans and stir well. Crush bacon and sprinkle on top of beans.