- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
*1 cup chopped fresh peaches
*2/3 cup sugar
*1 Tbsp. baking powder
*1 large egg
*1/4 cup margarine, melted
*1 tsp. lemon juice
*2 cup flour
*1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
*1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease, or line with paper baking cups, twelve 2 3/4 muffin cups.
2. Place the peaches in a small bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice and 1 Tbsp. of sugar. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, blend together the flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. In a medium bowl, beat the egg until thick and light-colored. Beat in the milk and margarine. Stir in the peaches.
5. Combine the two mixtures until the dry ingredients are just moistened. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a cake tester or wooden toothpick inserted into the center or the muffin comes out clean.
7. Cool in the pan on a wire ware for 5-7 minutes. Serve warm.