- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
*4 Tblsp. oil
*2 large onions, thinly sliced
*Salt and pepper
*4 large tomatoes, skinned and sliced in thirds
*3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
*Fresh minced parsley for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet, add the sliced onions, cover, and cook over low heat for about 4 minutes. Uncover, stir, and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the tomatoes on top of the onions, cover and cook for 5 minutes longer; the onions should be tender and golden.
3. Sprinkle the tomatoes with more salt and pepper and pour the cream over all. Sprinkle the tomatoes with a bit of brown sugar and continue cooking, uncovered, for 3-4 more minutes, or until the cream and tomatoes are heated through.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately in bowls, with minced parsley sprinkle on top.