- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
*1 cup Cream Sauce (see recipe below)
*2 cups soft bread, cubed
*1/2 cup Velveeta or Cheddar
*2 Tblsp. butter, melted
*1 cup peas
*3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
*1 large tomato, sliced
*3 tblsp. butter
*3 tblsp. flour
*1 cup milk
*1/4 tsp. salt
1. To make Cream Sauce, melt butter in a saucepan and then add flour; while stirring constantly, slowly pour in milk.
2. Keep stirring and cooking over medium heat until the cream sauce thickens and comes just to a boil. Season with salt.
3. Mix together bread, cheese, and melted butter. Spread half of the bread mixture in a buttered casserole dish. Add peas and half the cream sauce.
4. Next, layer on the hard-boiled eggs. Arrange tomato slices over the top and cover with the remainder of the cream sauce.
5. Top that with the remaining bread mixture and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.