- 1 of 2 Photos | View More Photos
Pumpkin - Mushroom Soup
*4 tblsp. butter
*1 lb. sliced mushrooms
*1/3 cup flour
*2 qt. Chicken broth
*1 large onion, finely chopped
*2 tsp. honey
*2 tsp. curry powder
*Salt and pepper to taste
*1/2 cup skim milk
*1 12-oz. can evaporated milk
*2 cup canned pumpkin
*Sour cream and/or croutons
1. Saute mushrooms in butter until soft. With a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms, put in a small bowl, and whisk flour until smooth.
2. Add chicken broth, onion, mushrooms, pumpkin and honey. Bring to a boil, turn down heat to simmer and add seasonings. Simmer until onions are cooked.
3. Add milks and heat just until heated throughout. Do not allow mixture to boil.
4. Serve with dollops of sour cream and/or croutons on top.
1. Cut potatoes lengthwise in quarters. Combine bread crumbs with the remaining dry ingredients.
2. Dip potatoes in melted butter; roll into bread crumb mixture
3. Arrange in a single layer on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until done.
Dutch Apple Pudding
Cream together the following ingredients:
*2 cup sugar
*2 tsp. soda
*1 tsp. cinnamon
*8 peeled, diced apples
*1 cup shortening
*1/3 cup buttermilk
*1/2 tsp. salt
*3 cup flour
*1 cup chopped walnuts
Pour batter into a greased 9"x13" pan (butter will be thick) and bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
*1 cup butter or margarine
*2 cups evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
*2 cups sugar
*4 tblsp. flour
*4 tsp. vanilla - add just before serving
Cook the ingredients over low heat until thick, stirring often to prevent sticking; use a whisk to keep sauce smooth; serve warm over cake.